Thursday August 31, 2017 – Manhattan West Side/Central Park Ride
Meeting place: Battery Park North, at the start of the NYC Greenway, Thursday, 1SEP16 at 10:00AM. Photo will be taken at 10:15AM with the WTC as a backdrop.
Meeting place: Battery Park North, at the start of the NYC Greenway
Terk Williams, 904-403-3360, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Lisa Williams, 904-403-2815, email@example.com
This ride is not suggest for beginner riders. Additional notes for the west side ride:
- The ride is not a race. It is a fun opportunity for unicyclists from around the world to socialize, ride together, and explore the city on one wheel.
- All riders ride at their own risk.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Wheel size of 26” and larger is suggested.
- Although most of the ride is protected from vehicles, riders should be familiar and comfortable with riding in traffic.
- Proposed routes may change slightly due to traffic, road conditions, or construction.
- Wearing safety gear is highly encouraged, especially a helmet and wrist guards.
- Be diligent while riding, especially in Central Park. Sometimes park goers can be rude.
- We are going to make every reasonable/safe effort to ride, even in the rain. Be prepared.
- There is no SAG (Support and Gear) vehicle provided for this ride; however, Terk Williams will be riding his bicycle with us and can provide an air pump, patches, mechanical support, First Aid kit, and some storage space for rider necessities.
- Items to take with you:
- Spare tube
- Subway map
- Bike lock?
- Lunch money
- Something to drink. Camelbak’s are a good idea.
- See map for rest stops and route. Plan on eating lunch at Columbus Circle and then returning to Battery Park after lunch via the west side Greenway.